Thursday, July 28, 2011

Debt Ceiling Woes

I did not want to believe it but it has happened the United States Federal Government has sunk to a new low. Here it is Wednesday and we still don't have an agreement on the reduction of the deficit and the raising of the debt ceiling. It is really funny I had a colleague catch me this morning and he wanted to blame President Obama, (this is not all on the President) for us not having a deal on this artificial crisis. That is right I said artificial crisis. After all President Bush was able to raise the debt ceiling 7 times without incident so why are we here now when something that is a matter of routine usually now has the whole country and the world poised on another financial collapse. Most economists agree that the United States of America is still going to lose its prized AAA rating because of the political posturing going on in Congress and the White House.
I do believe that it is true what they say about our political leaders they are completely clueless about what the American people really want. Both Democrats and Republicans and I really mean Republicans are soooo clueless. These leaders, (that is if you want to call them leaders) would rather see the country collapse than to give up a position or their Congressional seat. I am so disgusted with Washington right now that I believe they should all be removed from office.
I watched a documentary yesterday with my students and the person being interviewed in the film plainly said that it does not matter which political party you are from if the whole country collapses from financial and economic ruin. So why pray tell are we having this discussion about the debt ceiling, smaller government and reduced spending? These are things that all Americans can agree on reduce the debt, revise the tax code to raise some revenue and keep it moving by raising the debt ceiling. How difficult is this to do? Oh I forgot we have a whole bunch of selfish jerks in Washington that would rather further their own personal agenda then do what is right for the country!!
Here is my solution, All Americans whether you vote or not call your local Congressman, Senator, and the President and demand they increase the debt ceiling so we can focus on something more important like adding jobs and commerce to our ailing economy. I have had enough!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment