Tuesday, February 15, 2011

What is the Sense of Your Money

I have a huge financial seminar coming up this week and based on the feedback that I am getting from folks they are excited becuase they claim that they really need someone to tell them just what sense does it make to manage money? I hear a lot of comments like; it is a rigged system, or something like this; the fat cats control what happens to my money, or try this one on for size; no matter what I do I am still going to lose my money!!

You got to be kidding me, is this what you really think is going on? By the way I have heard this from people of many races, creeds, religions as well as young and old. The financial crisis of 2008/2009 really frightened investors. The one way to protect yourself from this happening again is knowledge. Quite frankly people should not rely on me to tell them this; it is your money you have a vested interest in what happens to it!!

Here is one piece of advice I will give all of you especially if you have a family. Think of your money as a child and you will nurture, care for, see to its healthy growth as you would your own children. Those of you who are single; in your 20's and 30's you should pay very close attention to that partner of yours called your money because if you don't it will cheat you every time they get the chance. By the way your inattention will be the reason it cheats!! Just like a girlfriend or boyfriend the minute you turn your back, that slick and shady money of yours will cheat in a hearbeat. I can't put it any plainer than this. Take control of your money and take control of your destiny!!

I know this sounds funny or even a little crazy but I cannot stand reading articles that describe how much Americans have lost in the financial crisis of 2008/2009. Baby boomers have seriously been affected with loses in their 401K's of 40% to 60%. This is unacceptable and we cannot blame this on the greed of Wall Street. Did you (investor) keep an eye on what was going on in your 401K? Most investor did not and hence where we are right now. We do not have to stand by and become willing victims anymore we can take control of our money and put it to work!!

Put that money to work!!

No comments:

Post a Comment